Sounds Of The SouthVarious Artists - July 20, 1993Country © 2011 Rhino Atlantic
Buy "Eighteen Hammers" onGoogle PlayiTunesAmazonMP3
The New Millennium String Quartet: Elizabeth Choi, first violin; Blagomira Lipari, second violin; Dominic Johnson (leader), viola; and Eric Schaeffer, violoncello.
This video is presented courtesy of the Music Division of the Chicago Public Library.Christopher Popa, Executive Producer of video; and Director, Music Information Center.
Digital / audio transfer by Ed Tetreault, manager of The Peabody ConservatoryDepartment of Recording Arts & Sciences.
Tap the blue box to connect
to my YouTube channel
"Eighteen Hammers" by Johhny Lee Moore ©Atlantic/Rhino runs over beginning credits.
please call or email for details:
If you have comments or questions regarding the works, please let me know :
Listen to my pieces listed on the right, some later works listed below, as well as guitar/vocal performances -- all found on my YouTube channel:
1) STRING QUARTET NO.4 I.Dance II.Chill III.Get Funky
2) STRING QUARTET NO.3: MO' BETTER BLUES
3) WHISTLING IN THE DARK (sextet for flute, clarinet, and strings)
4) ELEGY for String Trio (violin, viola, cello)
5) MSD STRONG (for orchestra) Dedicated to the Parkland Five, commemorating the horrific 2018 Valentines Day slaughter
6) STRING QUARTET #2 / performed by the Dover String Quartet
7) BLUE MIRROR : a blues / atonal solo work for guitar
8) WIND QUINTET #3: OLD TIME MUSIC: dedicated to the country music that predated bluegrass
1-5)Blues Suite for Violoncello Solo ;(14;40) Mvts 1-5 Kristin Ostlng, Cello; recorded on "Works of Larry Hoffman" (on this website)
6) Pages of Anna- (11:00)
scored for Harp, Flute, Oboe, Clarinet; Version here realized by Goeff Knorr; recorded on "Works of Larry Hoffman"; available on this website.
7) Blues For Harp, Oboe, And Violoncello- (12'30) recorded by John Mack, oboe; Yolanda Kondonassis, harp; Bryan Dumm, cello. Recorded on "Works of Larry Hoffman," available on this website.
8) String Quartet #2 (14:00) premiered and recorded by the award-winning Dover Quartet CRS CD1191, "Mozart & The Contemporary."
9)Blues for Brass Quintet-(12:20) Sibelius generated; not yet premiered.
10)Piano Trio #1- (10:00)Sibelius generated; Premiered by Baltimore Symphony players; March 16, 2015.
11-13)Wind Quintet #1: The Blues; 3 mvts (6:40/5:30/5:30); recorded by the Kallima Wind Quintet; CRS CD 1393.
14)Colors, (7:50) for Trumpet and Percussion; commissioned, premiered, and recorded by Andy Balio, Dave DePeters, "Works of Larry Hoffman," available on this website.
15) Three Moods for Oboe And Piano; (11:00)Sibelius realization; not yet premiered